Are you recovering properly post-workout? Or do you live sore all the time?
- What do you do IMMEDIATELY after finishing class? Are you stretching like the gentlemen above? Do you work on accessories given to you by one of our coaches? Don’t just wipe up and leave- you need to cool down.. and most of you need to stretch and mobilize for a couple of minutes.
- Are you feeding yourself as soon as possible after training? You’ll notice some of your swolemates bring food and/or shakers with them to get the proper calories (and amount of calories) in just after they put their equipment away. Hell, some even start on their protein/carb drinks right in the middle of the training session. Be prepared so you don’t grab that donut or beer you think you deserve- save that for Friday or Saturday.
- If you do happen to work on some extra accessories or mobilize, are they the correct ones for you? Is it the correct dosage for maximum effect? If they didn’t come from us, I think you should run it by us so we can make adjustments- we see you all the time so we might have a better read.
- We offer 2x/week for those doing MORE than just training with us- they put in mileage running or cycling, they play intramural sports, they are serious about other outdoor activities, etc. All other humans should be on 3x/week or more to really get the intended stimulus for the program.
- How many hours of quality sleep are you getting a night?
As always feel free to talk to a coach if you need any assistance!
+ CrossFit and Rhabdo – Just Alyssa
CrossFit WOD for Thursday 5/24
for time, fast and heavy:
21 dumbbell thrusters
18 dumbbell thrusters
15 dumbbell thrusters
Post time and load to whiteboard.