Today, Friday, June 22nd we are excited to celebrate PRIDE and inclusivity by making all our regularly scheduled classes free and open to EVERYONE!
Classes today are open to members, non-members, experienced, non-experienced athletes. You could be doing CrossFit at a neighboring affiliate or have never exercised before. Depending on your fitness level it can be ‘just sweaty’ or ‘super tough’. No worries- we’ll guide you through it!
At Foundation CrossFit everyone who comes through our doors is considered an athlete regardless of size, age, shape, ability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
You can register for a class here.
In lieu of our $25 class drop-in fee, we will be accepting donations to support an organization close to the hearts of two of our own athletes. 100% of the drop-in fees collected today will be given to the GSBA Scholarship Fund, a program of the Greater Seattle Business Association (GSBA).
Can’t make it to class, but would like to donate? Great! You can donate here. We will be collecting donations through the end of June and 100% of everything collected will be given to the GSBA Scholarship Fund.
About the GSBA Scholarship Fund:
- The GSBA Scholarship is a leadership scholarship for Washington state residents working to move the needle on social change within the LGBTQ community
- Since 1991 the GSBA Scholarship has given out over $3.4 million dollars in scholarships
- Invested over $400K in our 2018 scholars
- Average award in 2018 is $7,700
- As a part of the GSBA Guarantee they launched in August of 2017 the first phase of the GSBA Leadership Academy bringing together their scholars for a three day immersion weekend to support their growth as our future leaders
- Scholarship application is launched on National Coming Out Day, October 11th – Closes on at the beginning of January every year
If you’re interested in getting involved and learning more about their scholarship program, let us know and we’ll be happy to connect you.
Have a happy and safe PRIDE weekend! Feel free to join us at the March this Sunday!
+ What Is Fitness? – by Greg Glassman, founder of CrossFit
CrossFit WOD for Friday 6/22
FIGHT GONE BAD
3 rounds for max total reps:
1:00 wall ball, 20/14# to 10/9′
1:00 sumo deadlift high-pull, 35/25kg
1:00 box jump, 24/20″
1:00 push press, 35/25kg
1:00 calorie row
Post time to whiteboard!