Five weeks, five workouts, one goal: BE EPIC!
Competition can be one of the best motivators for achieving goals and hitting benchmarks. That said, competition doesn’t have to be a dirty, win-at-all-costs scenario. Done right, it will take us as athletes further than we can do for ourselves. Not only that, but it can create lasting bonds between the participants. One of the best ways to get some healthy competition in your life is by being part of a supportive community!
In 2019, FCF is taking on the CrossFit Open like we do every workout: as a unified team! Rather than separating into groups like in previous years, our FCF community will come together to tackle each CGO workout and collect points to unlock fun prizes and rewards along the way.
To show the gym’s progress during the Open’s five weeks, a BARBELL THERMOMETER will be positioned in the gym so everyone knows how close we are to our next unlock.
How It Works
New goals will be set every week and with each achievement, a collective reward will be unlocked. Rewards may include:
- New logo apparel (you’ve been waiting!)
- Discounts on gear and more
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages at the Wrap-Up Party in March
- Catered food at our Wrap-Up Party in March
Some Fun News!
We’ve already hit our first benchmark goal of 15,000 points during the 19.1 weekend — way to go, team! This means you’ve unlocked NEW FCF LOGO APPAREL for sale! We will stock our shelves Saturday morning with new t-shirts, and new hoodies! Be the first to sport our new logo!
The points literally just passed that benchmark so we’re going to shoot a tad higher next time- we want to see more Pride Points (wearing FCF gear during your CGO workout, people earning Theme Points, sharing Snacks/Drinks, etc. Keep it going!)
For CrossFit Games Open 19.2:
Point goal: 25,000 total points
This achievement unlocks: 25% discount on sport and recovery drinks! You know that dry mouth feel you get after doing what seems like a million wall balls? We can quench that thirst with ice cold replenishment of Kill Cliff and O2! Here’s the lowdown on each drink!
- Kill Cliff ENDURE – After KILL CLIFF started offering more than just their original recovery drink they needed to specify each product. Endure is their intra-workout beverage, meant to provide you electrolytes for hydration and simple (and clean!) carbohydrates for energy in the middle of your efforts.
- Kill Cliff RECOVER – This is the original formula KILL CLIFF beverages loaded with electrolytes and B-vitamins for better recovery and rehydration post-workout. Slightly carbonated for those who love bubbles. Andrew’s favorite.
- O2 ENERGY – This is an oxygenated recovery drink with a combined solution of ingredients designed to be a healthier, more effective alternative to drinks on the market. Similar to Kill Cliff’s RECOVER but without the carbonation. Comes in both caffeinated and non-caffeinated flavors. Tony’s favorite.
If we can reach the 25,000 mark on the thermometer, we’ll put our food and sport drinks on sale for the remainder of the CrossFit Games Open. Everyone will be able to partake in this discount once it is unlocked!
So, how do I accumulate points?
- Show up, work out: do the CGO workout on Friday or Saturday, or during the make-up times on Sunday and Monday.
- Rep your FCF gear: Show your Foundation CrossFit Pride and wear our FCF gear during your workout.
- Spirit Weeks: each week has a new theme. This theme will be announced prior to the Thursday Open announcement.
- Judge your pals: it’s not too late to take the judges course! Plus, it will be valid for October’s Open as well.
- Bring snacks to share with fellow athletes.
** Remember to fill out a scoresheet (whether you’re registered for the Open or not!) so your points are counted towards our FCF tally.
Also, individuals who rack up the most points get extra prizes for their spirit!