Let’s be honest about the current state of affairs.
The coronavirus COVID-19 is real and will be in the news for a long time coming. Understanding this, we are doing our best to mitigate risks, and we are very aware of the necessary escalations that the state of Washington is implementing. We don’t expect anything extreme enough to happen to force us to close, but here’s our plan to maintain the health and wellness of our community:
What We Are Doing
We’ve refreshed all spray bottles with a Clorox Bleach solution to disinfect your equipment and things you’ve touched while you’re here. Our coaches and staff are also putting in extra duty to disinfect the gym during our non-class hours. If you have an allergy please be mindful of this. Once we are able to procure non-bleach disinfectants, we will make that switch.
Programming has been adjusted to limit how many pieces of equipment required for a workout. We’re able to limit transmission by reducing the amount of things you’re touching in your workouts. Don’t worry, we’re also making sure that it’s still fun and useful and stimulating.
We have more contingencies planned if this all gets worse, but our ultimate goal is to keep our membership safe while allowing them a place to maintain their health and fitness.
What You Can Do
- WASH YOUR HANDS before and after your session here.
- Wipe and disinfect every surface you use in the gym.
- Do not come to the gym if you feel ill or show symptoms.
- Do not come to the gym if you care for those who are most at-risk, including those older than 60+ years of age
I’ve made an workout BINGO sheet you can do at home our outside (because FCF loves bingo!) that will be up on the blog tomorrow (or in the gym on paper on Saturday).
In the meantime you can try our HellaFit classes on YouTube!
CrossFit WOD for Champagne Friday 3/13/2020
Every :90 perform a lift successfully then add 1-5kg.
– Start with an empty barbell and snatch for as long as possible.
– Once you cannot snatch the weight, clean for as long as possible.
– Once you cannot clean the weight, deadlift for as long as possible.
3-miss limit on each lift. Share heaviest load for the snatch, clean and deadlift to whiteboard.
READ: Staying Over the Bar in the Snatch & Clean: What, Why, How by Greg Everett – Catalyst Athletics
WATCH: Watch the technique of these incredible Chinese lifters!