First off, I want to thank Andrew for everything he has contributed to building and developing FOUNDATION Gym, from the early buildout of our first Capitol Hill space to the expansion projects involving both South Lake Union and Capitol Hill. We have all learned a ton from your love of CrossFit and all things related, and we have built a solid community of fitness around it. Best of luck on your future endeavors and we hope to see you around!
Looking forward to 2023 at FOUNDATION, we will continue to strive to provide the best fitness experience in Capitol Hill and all of Seattle. As Andrew’s departure has been in the planning stages for some time, here are some things to look forward to:
- Coach Dave will be programming the upcoming cycle as we aim to come together for the annual CrossFit Games Open throwdown at the gym starting mid-February. Fun fact: David competed at the CrossFit Games in 2012 on Team Jet City CrossFit, so he’ll have plenty of challenging workouts to help you prepare! (Sign up for the Judges Course and register for the CrossFit Games Open!)
- We will migrate Workout Of the Day (WOD) programming to the same PushPress app you’re already using, so you will be able to see the workouts as well as reserve your classes together in the same app.
- We’ll also give you the option to look ahead to see what’s in store for the upcoming week so you can plan your workouts. Keep an eye on the app’s Social tab to get the latest news.
- We welcome Coach Josh to our team, who has been doing CrossFit since 2012, starting overseas and more recently in Oregon. He is currently in post-graduate studies at Seattle University, focusing on Exercise Research in the SU Human Performance Lab. He hopes to bring a lot of performance-based knowledge to your workouts.
- We will soon welcome Coach Jenny to our team, who has been an athlete with FOUNDATION since 2021. She is a Physical Therapist with years of experience, and we are happy to add her functional movement expertise to the team!
- Based on your feedback, more apparel items are coming. We know how much you like to rep FOUNDATION outside the gym.
- More fresh equipment and mobility tools are on the way. Take care of your bodies before, during, and after the workouts.
- We aim to grow our class schedule as we continue to bring on more coaches. If you love the FOUNDATION community and want to join our team, send us an email and we’ll guide you from there!
From all of us at the FOUNDATION team, we wish you all a happy holiday season, and look forward to seeing all of you in the gym through the end of the year and into 2023!