Today’s the day! Our first THROWDOWN in a very long time.
You might’ve wondered why some of the staff has been aggressive in trying to recruit you into registering for the open- we find that this worldwide online competition pushes you to want to be better, train smarter and harder, and truly test yourself.
Testing yourself in a safe, supportive environment is the best way to do it so we push it for these three weeks along with the worldwide CrossFit community.
Theme of the Week: Favorite Sports Team – Wear some gear representing your favorite sports team. The Intramural Team that shows out the most will win SPIRIT POINTS!
And yes, the RSVP method for this weekend is messy so we’ll use something we’ve done in the past for Weeks 2 and 3.
It’s not too late to register to play! You’ll be automatically assigned to a team when I see your name on the official roster.
AMRAP in 15 minutes:
3 wall walks/bear crawls
12 alternating dumbbell snatches, 10/20/35/50lbs
15 box jump overs, 12/12/20/24″
Post results to the Games site!
SUGGESTED WARMUP (30+ minutes prior to your heat)
- 10:00 of cardio to peak up heart rate followed by a general warmup.
- Setup your station and work on the skills, building to your working weight and box height.
- Try one round for technical control, then 1-2 more rounds at “game pace”.
MAXIMIZING TEAM POINTS
– Wear the correct apparel to satisfy the Theme of the Week (see above)
– Prepare to not only try your best in your workout, but to cheer on your fellow athletes
– Judge at least one swolemate’s workout (Judges Certificate not necessary, but definitely helpful to you and your team). The 9am Overview is where we cover the standards of judging as well.
– Bring goodies to share with the community: coffee, fruit, baked goods, pre-workout, post-workout beverages, etc. This optional action may or may not earn your team some spirit points!