The start of every year we have most people going in with a ton of resolutions that never get actually addressed.
Here are some random notes we have for 2020:
– Continue looking at the blog for relevant gym content. We will have a post every day: find the workout of the day, the ideal post-workout plan, informational and educational posts that may or may not contain hints of what the future holds in the gym, and more, featuring you, our incredible community.
– Our next FOUNDATIONS On-Ramp begins this Tuesday 1/14 and ends on 2/8. The next program after won’t be until March (3/3 to 3/28). Tell your friends or send them here.
– We’re beginning Week 7 of 8 with our Strict Pullup Ladder. We plan to continue this with just raw numbers, applied to any “high skill” you want to work on: more pullups, muscle-ups, handstand pushups, handstand walking, single leg squats, toes-to-bars, double unders, etc. We will share the numbers on the blog so that you can continue your practice at home/elsewhere. Rather than a static MWF split, we’ll just go every other day so that you can experience a more dense volume of practice more often.
– When you see a prescription (ex: 61/43/29kg, 20/14/10lbs to 10/9/9′, 2×50/35/20lbs) see it as Advanced/Intermediate/Novice as far as “CrossFit” standards are concerned. As CrossFit HQ had way back in the day there was no scaling for any gender- you just loaded appropriately to your skill level. Competitive CrossFit standards kind of changed that. If you’re not competitive there numbers are mere suggestions.
– We have plans for a Nutrition Challenge coming up by February.
– Current programming should be reflecting what a lot of people are getting into outside of the gym: SNOW SPORTS! We’ll be focusing on leg and hip stamina for all the skiiers, snowboarders, and hikers! Not to mention tons of midline and rotational work in the warm up phases of classes.
– Team Workouts have been eliminated from Saturdays for the time being. They’ll be back in a different capacity (and day!) in February. As always, at any time, you can turn any workout into a team workout.
– Foundation Barbell classes are back with our two tracks of development: Powerlifting (the slow lifts of squats, presses, and deadlifts) and Olympic Weightlifting (the fast lifts of the snatch, clean, and jerk). We will program towards peaking for local competition. Any member with a CrossFit has access to these classes and can take them for skill development. If the competitions interest you then you can stick primarily with these classes for better specificity.
CrossFit WOD for Sunday 1/4/2020
5 rounds for time:
12 push/press, 52/38/25kg
Rest exactly 4:00 then
30 db ground-to-overhead, 2×50/35/20lbs
Share overall time to whiteboard.
READ: The Egg by Andy Weir