– The weekly CGO Event for 18.2 was LIVE AS F*CK!
– So many records were broken at the Arnold Fitness Festival in Columbus, OH over the weekend
– Strongman competition was won by Hafthor Bjornsson aka The Mountain from Game of Thrones (who deadlifted 472kg/1041lbs!!!)
– On the Olympic Weightlifting side we had things like this happen:
As far as the FCFio goes, y’all are killing it! The current trend is that from week to week we see more and more athletes hitting the Rx workouts, and completing movements they didn’t think possible!
+ CrossFit Games Open 18.2 Preliminary Data – Beyond the Whiteboard
CrossFit WOD for Monday 3/5
3 rounds for time:
48 kettlebell swings, 24/16kg
Post time to whiteboard!
Olympic Weightlifting WOD – Week 1/5, Day 1/3
Our new cycle begins! We’ll begin with some testing for those who are competing at the end of April. Something else for those competing in the beginning of April.
slow deadlift + power snatch + push press
slow deadlift + power clean + push press
Powerlifting WOD – Week 1/5, Day 1/3
A new cycle begins today with a focus on the Big 3: squatting, pressing, and pulling! You’ll have a chance to work on all three everyday, plus accessory work.
back squats tests
Kristen M. has signed up for the Tactical Strength Challenge which involves testing a max deadlift, max pull ups, and snatches. Sheena and Grayson already had plans to incorporate deadlifting into kettlebell programming but what better way to do deadlifts to help support Kristen as she trains!
Don’t worry, we’ll still have a lot of kettlebell work in. We’d like you to know that we will be going through a 12-week deadlift cycle.
– Simple & Sinister , then
– Establish a 1 rep max deadlift on week 1, day 1
– Deadlift 1×10 @85-95% of 1rm