Beginning this coming Saturday we’ll have a temporary schedule change to our Saturday calendars for the duration of the 2022 Open.
Since we turn the CrossFit Games Open into the FOUNDATION GYM Intramural Open our goal will be to bring our community together to throw down and celebrate fitness while testing ourselves and having fun.
- Since the Open Workout is released on Thursday afternoon we will be programming said workout for Friday’s classes. Use this as a chance to practice the warmup and skills- we can adjust and give you a different work option to continue your training.
- As per usual class RSVPs will be available 48 hours in advance
- The amount of Saturday sessions and slots per session will depend on the logistical demand of that week’s Open Workout.
- Athletes must still RSVP for a Saturday session. This session is essentially your heat time to perform the workout (though you may arrive anytime before then). It will be helpful to attend the 8am Prep Class.
- There will be no 7am CompEx.
- There will be an 8:30am Prep Class where we’ll warmup, cover the standards, practice the skills, and discuss strategies. This class still requires an RSVP but we will not charge your membership.
- At 9am we will do our one and only explanation and strategy for the workout. You do not need to attend during this time, but it will help you understand what is going on. A number of those who attend the Prep Class will be selected for the “Featured Heat” to set the example for the rest of the day.
- *JUST IN FOR FITNESS?* No worries, we’ll get you slotted in but these sessions will not be run as your regular classes.
- We’ll wrap up by 12pm for SKILLS.
“What if I can’t make it on [Saturday]?!”
If you cannot make the Saturday classes you can perform your workout during classes on Friday. If you cannot do your workout on Fridays or Saturdays our schedule will be littered with ‘Open Workout Makeup’ options on the PushPress calendar. You’ll need to record yourself or provide your own judge for the workout to count for points.
For more info on the 2022 FOUNDATION GYM Intramural Open:
– The 2022 Intramural Open – Foundation Gym
– Earning Points in the 2022 Intramural Open – Foundation Gym
– Preparing For the CrossFit Open – CrossFit Games YouTube
– The CrossFit Open for Newbies: Your Guide to Strategy and Beyond – Morning Chalk Up