Hydrostatic Body Fat Testing at FCF
We’re so excited to have the option of body fat testing available for our athletes before nutrition challenge starts on February 5th. This is something that we haven’t done in the past. This is not required to participate in the challenge, however, we highly recommend getting it done. Here are several reasons why:
- Hydrostatic body fat testing is the ‘gold standard’ of body fat testing. This means it is the most accurate test out there!
- You will have data to compare to at any time in your life.
- It will drive your motivation to do well during and after the challenge, whether you are trying to gain weight or lose weight.
- After the test, you’ll receive a printed analysis of your results with what you may need to do to meet your goal. We can use it as a tool to help you reach your goals in addition to nutrition.
- This is a great opportunity to re-evaluate your fitness goals and see how your nutrition plays a (huge) part in it.
We will have a truck parked out front on Monday, January 29th from 5:30am to 6:30pm! Here is how the process works:
The test is quick and it’s going to be conveniently outside of our gym! One stop shop! The before body composition test AND after body composition test will be $84 total.
Having this data point will tell you the truth about where you are. You can retest after 8 weeks of discipline and will-power. With this data points, you’ll know if you are objectively improving or not. The truck will be back for the “AFTER” test on Monday, April 2nd. We will have a separate sign up sheet for this when the date gets closer.
Sample Body Composition Analysis
“About Your Analysis”
The human body is composed of metabolically active “lean” tissues like bone, muscle, internal organs, water, and adipose tissue (i.e. fat tissue). From both health and cosmetic standpoints, the relative amount of adipose tissue in your body is of concern. A variety of techniques have been developed to evaluate the total body fat percentage. Hydrostatic Body Fat Testing is referred to as the gold standard or method by which all other methods measure their own accuracy.”
Here’s the information that will be provided: Client Data, Body Fat, Lean Body mass, Client History, Current Status and Goals, Percent Body Fat %, Target Weight, Weight Control Recommendations, Resting Metabolic Rate, Exercise
THIS IS LEGIT, HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Please note: You are only available to sign up through: desktop and mobile website (NOT the app)
- Log into your Zen Planner account.
- Click ‘Make an appointment‘ // please NOTE: enter the hydrostatic tub clean (aka before you workout, or take a shower after you workout)
- The test date is Monday 1/29. Select a test time, which is divided into 10 minute appointments.
- Then click “Reserve Appointment” and you will be charged $84.
This test is completely optional. You don’t need to have it done to participate in the challenge but if you’re already committed to participating then, why NOT get it done? We want to help you understand your relationship with food and learn new habits that you can maintain even after our challenge is over. Getting this test done will be an investment in yourself. Use it to keep yourself accountable during the challenge and let’s celebrate your victory after 8 weeks and beyond!
DEXA Bone Scans is a service that they provide as well and can be available for an additional $39 (this is not included in your $84 fee). You can have it done at the same time you sign up for a spot on 1/29 and you will submit additional payment at your test (cash or check).
If you have friends who would like to participate but are not members of the gym, they can still sign up to get the body fat test done. Just have them sign up through Zen Planner!